Multilateral Comenius School partnerships aim at enhancing the European dimension of education by promoting joint co-operation activities between schools in Europe. The projects give pupils and teachers in different countries an opportunity to work together on one or more topics of mutual interest. School partnerships help pupils and teachers to acquire and improve skills not only in the topic or subject area on which the project is focussed, but also in terms of teamwork, social relations, planning and undertaking project activities and using information and communication technologies (ICT). Participating in a partnership with schools from different countries also gives pupils and teachers the opportunity to practice foreign languages and increases their motivation towards language learning.
Helping learners develop a key culture and competences for sustainable development;
– Promoting social responsibility and developing a correct behaviour towards the environment considered as natural, cultural, artistic and anthropologic heritage;
– Enhancing awareness about the importance of preservation and renovation of the environment in case of degradation (urban blight)
The project wants to help teachers and learners of different countries:
– Know the distinguishing features of their country considered as the result of the interaction between natural environment and human presence;
– Compare their specific environment with the one of other countries and cultures in order to detect their similarities/differences and in any case to understand their interconnection;
– Increase public awareness and understanding about sustainable development;
– Develop appropriate behaviour rules for the protection and valorisation of a shared artistic and environmental heritage;
– Raising awareness among teachers, trainers and school leaders of the importance of the knowledge and protection of our natural environment and artistic heritage in a perspective of promotion of a sustainable development of society.
– Encouraging creativity and promoting innovative solutions to environmental problems
– Promoting suitable behaviour for the protection and development of the natural and artistic environment
– Encouraging multi-and inter-disciplinary cooperation between teachers in the same and in different establishments to ensure the continued development of, and exchange of new ideas on ESD;
– Fostering cooperation with parents and the local community
– Compare school systems and ESD integration in the curriculum
– Planning and experiencing effective teaching strategies for ESD
– Implementing resources and didactic material for ESD teaching
– Sharing good practices among partner schools
– Envisaging and realizing joint products to report the partnership experiences and duplicate them in other schools/communities (didactical material, lesson plans, creative writing, videos, adverts, picture books and exhibitions, calendars, tourist guides, permanent signs with environmental/artistic information)
– Disseminating results and products (website and blogs dedicated to the project. Special events with presentations, exhibitions, articles, news, shows dedicated to the project and results.